Carsten Schneider – Ayurveda and yoga retreat
6 days to experience and get involved in Ayurveda treatments!
Tutor: Carsten Schneider
The Harmony Centre is a place for people who are searching for the meaning of life, the inner way and spiritual growth. The spiritual atmosphere and the kind community of this Adriatic oasis provide room to regain strength and to find inspiration.
We will stay at a small camping site in a bay directly by the sea, which is characterised by its charming pine and olive trees. The diverse landscape offers sweeping hiking paths and breath-taking panorama views on the islands of the blue Adria.
Ayurveda – the knowledge of life – has been providing methods to maintain and restore the spirit-body-balance for millennia.
According to ancient Indian wisdom, “our body is the temple of the soul”. As long as we understand our body and take care of it, the soul living within this temple will be healthy. Often this requires change. Whether you want to adjust a small inner wheel or if you want to begin a new chapter in your life; every change needs a first step.
This unique retreat gives you the opportunity to experience and understand Ayurveda, since you will benefit from receiving, learning and giving authentic Ayurveda treatments.
Together we will study, perform massages, meditate and practise yoga.
No prior knowledge is required. This course is for everyone who wants to do something good for body and spirit, irrespective of age and individual fitness!
Holistic health care
Ayurveda treatments and Yoga help to detox and refresh your body. They are a great means to regenerate and to give you a new awareness of your physique.
All treatments are first taught theoretically and in practice and then applied on each other.
This is the first concept to give the possibility of not just receiving Ayurvedic treatments passively but also of gaining a deep understanding of how and why Ayurveda works!
We will learn about many new perspectives and skills. When we leave the retreat, we hope to keep these acquirements since they guarantee that we can retain the level of consciousness we will have achieved.
This learning-retreat includes the following elements:
- Introduction to the philosophy of Ayurveda and historical background
- Introduction to the elements and constitutions
- Introduction to Ayurvedic diets
- Concepts for regaining physical and spiritual balance
- Treatments for prevention: self-massage, yoga, meditation and daily routine
- Concepts for treating being overweight
- Ayurvedic beauty care & anti-aging
- Basics of Ayurvedic massage and manual therapy
- Massage basics: body posture, breathing, sensitive perception
These treatments will be taught and applied on each other
- Abhyanga – Ayurvedic full body massage (incl. head and foot massage)
- Mukabhyange – Ayurvedic face massage
- Padabhyanga – Ayurvedic foot massage
- Udvartana – powder massage
- Shirodhara – cast of warm oil on the head
- Introduction to energetic work – treating the chakras
- Yoga and meditation programme in the morning
- Daily Ayurveda and life balance lectures
- Daily Ayurveda practice, guidance for mutual massage treatments
- Comprehensive script containing detailed description of all treatments taught
- Yoga and meditation programme in the evening
- Individual terminal consultation
We will be practising yoga and meditation early in the morning (presumably at 6:30 am) by the sea to appreciate the beauty and the calmness of the sunrise.
The yoga taught is the classic style of Hatha Yoga combined with elements from other yoga directions, depending on the inspiration and experience of the participants. Most exercises are soft and relaxing, including slight physical exertions, but are strengthening on all levels – physical, emotional and spiritual. Stability, concentration and intention will be sustained whilst the heart opens up.
Carsten Schneider, born in 1964, 1 child is an alternative practitioner for Ayurveda medicine, established in Hamburg since 1995.
He is the head of AYURVEDA ACADEMY HAMBURG as well as working as a tutor in vocational schools for health all over Germany. His interest in Buddhism led him to Asia, where he spent time living in a monastery. It was there, during his apprenticeship in traditional Thai massage in Bangkok in 1986, that he first got in touch with the Asian art of healing. After being occupied in marketing for many years, he worked for 7 years in patient care covering all wards of the hospital in Rissen whilst he also studied alternative medicine.
Education:Doctor of Ayurveda medicine, traditional Thai massage, acupuncture, reflex-zone therapy, sports massage, phytotherapy, Ayurveda massage, systemic family therapy, fasting supervisor and yoga teacher
What you should bring for the retreat:
- Tent, camping mat
- A light sleeping bag or light covers (especially in July it is quite hot at night)
- Protection against mosquitos
- Old towels and sheets (for covering, no fitted sheets) for the oil treatments
- Hiking shoes
- Don’t bring too many clothes, bring light clothing, it will be hot!
- A large Yogamatt for massages
- Old towels to remomove te oil
What is not included in the price?
- Ayurveda medicine*
- Massage Oil
- Individual Ayurveda medical anamneses
- Individual diet and healing plan
*can be bought on location